donderdag 21 juni 2012

Thursday, June, 21st ,Rijswijk Netherlands


After a long day traveling we're back to base...
We had a long stop over at Lisboa, so we took the bus and went downtown for a few hours.
 For me the only place so far I went before on my to the Caribbean. A bit strange, but still nice even though, to my recollection, it was a bit warmer last November :-o

We all have to try and pick up 'normal' life again. In many ways, this trip wasn't just a vacation.
Being on the ocean for 16 days, covering almost 2100 Nm's on a small boat with 4 different personalities that are there for different reasons and hardly know each other is an adventure:-)

It all worked out great though and for me it's another unique experience which I share with people that are very dear to me.

I'm very lucky anyway because I'm still not there.. Next month the final leg, back to Scheveningen, is still waiting. I guess then it will be way harder to adjust to normal life again. So if anyone has any tips to share, please let me know :-)

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Ron, gewoon plannen blijven maken.
    Zorg ervoor dat je als je terugkomt van een reis altijd een trip in het vooruitzicht hebt.
    It works for me!

    Tot snel,
    Monique

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Well said Monique, I agree!!
    I was going to say "Get the boat on the hard, sort out whatever needs doing, back into the water and set off again!!"

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen