dinsdag 12 juni 2012

Monday, June 11th Position 35°38.483 N; 37°27.002 W



Today we again crossed a time line and gained another hour. Officially that is.... I was supposed to cook dinner tonight but woke up late from my afternoon nap, so I decided to stick to the time zone and adjust the clock tomorrow. So, I was still n time and we didn't have to change the watch times.
Captains privilege, ha.

Last night we had the best night so far starwise. The sky was completely clear and bright. There were so many stars, you could hardly find the ones you know, amazing!!

After breakfast we changed the sails. The night before we put in the first reef and furled in the staysail, still doing over 6 kts. We took out the reef, set the staysail again and changed the genoa for  the gennaker. For some reason the gennaker didn't hold, it wasn't the wind really. Anyway, we ripped it and an hour later we were back to the sailplan we started with...
Well I guess shit happens and sofar we're very lucky weatherwise, so it's not a big deal and easy to fix.

Tomorrow we're gonna celebrate Eline's birthday :-) and of course I'll give her a call over the sat phone :-)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten